home tips speaking resources about contact

Monday, September 27, 2010

My Monday Menu

Each week I'm trying to post my menu for the week.  I know this is one of the biggest challenges many busy women face, and sadly, they end up wasting time and money at the grocery store or a restaurant. I hope by sharing my week's menu, you can save some of both.

This week we are planning two fun evening activities.  The first one is a County Fair Party I'm hosting for my small group.  Everyone is bringing a traditional fair food to share and one game to play.  I got this idea because I wanted to make funnel cakes, and it grew from there.  So that day, I'm making Navajo Tacos (traditional at the Arizona State Fair) and funnel cakes.  I'm looking forward to what everyone else will bring - I heard someone talk about deep-fried Twinkies ... we'll see.  :-)

The other fun evening is watching the WEC fights on Thursday.  My family loves Mixed Martial Arts and we are co-owners of a MMA training center.  I never thought I would like to watch this type of fighting, but I find I'm as big a fan as the guys in my home.  So that night we have invited friends for a hamburger BBQ. 

Here are my menu items for the week, with links when possible:

Menu 1       Chicken and Spinach Casserole

Menu 2   Navajo Fry Bread
               Funnel Cakes

Menu 3   Moo Sho Pork   (exchange pork for chicken in link)
              Sauteed Chinese vegetables

Menu 4  Hamburgers
              Potato Salad
              Mixed fresh fruit

Menu 5  Apple Pecan Chicken Salad (inspired by Wendy's salad)
                   Includes above mentioned items plus blue cheese & sweetened cranberries.
                   Will serve with a poppy seed dressing

Menu 6  Parmesan baked pork chops  (pork was on sale 2 for 1)
              Honey roasted vegetables   (2 sweet potatoes, 4 carrots, 2 parsnips chopped and tossed in 2 Tbsp olive oil, salt & pepper to taste.  Then tossed in 1/4 cup of honey and roasted in 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes.)

Happy Cooking!

Glynnis

No comments:

Post a Comment