home tips speaking resources about contact

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Stock up on supplies now

It's Labor Day and I'll be at the local pool today, celebrating the baptism of a friend and her daughters.  It's a joyful tradition our church has every Labor Day.

If I weren't at the pool, I'd be shopping for extra school supplies.  Every year, when prices are amazingly low, I stock up on extra supplies, such as: spiral notebooks, markers, pens, glue sticks, pencils and loose-leaf papers.  

While you are at it, pick up some poster board and construction paper.  If you have high school students, pick up a composition book or two.

You will need it later, and it will save you a last-minute, panicked trip to the store when someone tells you she is "Super star of the week" and her family photo collage is due tomorrow.  Let's not talk about how many times that has happened at MY house.  

These supplies are in one box in the game closet.  That way, when someone runs out of something ... as they always do ... we've got extras.

I'm amazed that what can cost me 20 cents now, will cost me $1.00 next month.  And wasted time running to the store.

Happy shopping.

In His Love,

Glynnis 




No comments:

Post a Comment