home tips speaking resources about contact

Monday, November 22, 2010

My Monday Menu with Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving Week!


Thursday is the biggest eating day of the year!   Some might say it's the biggest football day of the year ... or the biggest nap day of the year.  For a foodie like me, it's not a contest.

I'm loving Food Network this month, with all the great ideas.  But I'm also trying to lose weight, so my Thanksgiving menu has some lower calorie options.  Thankfully, I'm not the only one fixing items, or eating more wisely.   My mom, two sisters and adult niece will also be bringing food.  We made our menu together on Saturday, and it's going to be great.

Here's what we are having this week:

Menu 1:  Meatloaf 
              Rice Pilaf
              Mixed vegetable medley  

Menu 2:  Grilled sausages w/ peppers & onions   (mine is chicken sausage)
              Rolls for those who will eat their in a sandwich
             
Menu 3Chicken Marsala 
              Mashed potatoes
              Steamed carrots

Thanksgiving Menu

Appetizers
      Crab dip with crackers
      Seven-layer Mexican dip with chips  (I use a clear glass pie plate.  From bottom:  1 can refried 
      beans, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, cheese, chopped tomatoes, olives)


Entree & Sides
       Roasted turkey
       Deluxe mashed potatoes  (you know, butter, garlic, sour cream, cream cheese)
       Traditional bread stuffing  (no fancy recipe at the request of Robbie)
       Oven-roasted root vegetables
       Green bean bundles wrapped in bacon  (oven roasted too)
       Spinach salad with sauteed pears and bacon
       Vegetable/condiment platter
       Rolls

Dessert
       Mini Honey-Almond Cherry Crostatas (I'm substituting cherries for cranberries in this recipe)
       Pumpkin Chiffon Pie


Menu 5 & 6:  leftovers!!!
I've got some pre-Thanksgiving tips I'll post on Wednesday to make the next day run smoothly.  Join me Wednesday morning.

Psalm 69:30, "I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving."

Grace & peace,

Glynnis

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Glyniss. I am making meatloaf too, but had already decided before I looked at your list!

    Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Prayers for health are needed here, but hopefully all will be well by Thursday!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete