home tips speaking resources about contact

Friday, February 4, 2011

Establishing a sweet and simple gift box

It's the weirdest things about gifts.  I'm happy to receive something small, and yet I always feel that I should give more.  For example, I love getting little things like:

  • A bar of lavendar soap
  • A $5 gift card to Starbucks (one Venti Caramel Macchiato - thank you very much!)
  • kitchen soap from Bath and Body Works
  • A magnetic list pad (BTW - Michael's has the most adorable Mary Englebreit ones for $1.00!)
  • A pretty pen
  • A pair of socks
  • A monogramed note pad  (Thanks Sharon S. - I love what you gave me at She Speaks last year)
My friend Barb once gave me a fancy frosted cookie for my birthday.  It was something I wouldn't normally buy for myself and I loved it.

This idea that I should give more, holds me back from giving anything some time.  I often feel as if it isn't enough.  I've got to get over this!!!

This year, I'm working on just that.  And keeping a well stocked box of sweet and simple gifts is one way I can be more organized and thoughtful at the same time.  So I've started picking up these little items when I have a few extra dollars.  I've got lots of girlfriends that would love to get something cute ... and to know I'm thinking of her. 

Question:  What are some of your favorite sweet and simple gifts to give or receive?

Grace & Peace,

Glynnis

4 comments:

  1. I, too, love small gifts and I enjoy giving small gifts. The best gift someone can give me is "time", just some "visit time" over a nice cup of tea or coffee either in one of our homes or a restaurant. That makes wonderful memories that I think of often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to give fuzzy socks and scarves--women love that! Also, scented candles and new journals are good. anything that makes a women feel pampered and special, or that she is remembered (not forgotten).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I think I will wait for a good sale or clearance on a few good girlie gift items and then stock up!

    I love coffee cards, socks, chocolate and candles. Cards with inspirational messages are great especially if one takes the time to write womething meaningful on them.

    blessings & giggles
    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love getting a note of encouragement, so I also try to give those to others.

    ReplyDelete