home tips speaking resources about contact

Monday, February 7, 2011

Getting ready with kids around

Ever since my children were small, getting ready to leave the house has been a challenge. 

If I got them ready first, then something ALWAYS happened while I tried to finish myself.  Seems kids have a radar for knowing when Mom is preoccupied.  That's the time when boredom can set in quickly, and they start fiddling for something short-term to do. 

Most moms of boys have had to change them twice before leaving the house for church!!!   Boys find dirt. 

Of course, there's always the TV. But I've found another way to keep kids occupied - at least those who can hold a crayon.  Workbooks.

I went to the dollar store and stocked up on fun workbooks.  Word searches, puzzles and coloring books sit in a special place.  Now, when I need my younger ones focused, I pull them out and set them within view.  Quiet comes over the house, and I can get ready.  And they are learning skills. 

It's one option to add to your arsenal of creative ideas for bringing order to your mornings.

Grace & Peace,

Glynnis

No comments:

Post a Comment